- Meetings occur every 2nd Wednesday of the month at
- Gary City Hall in the Council Lounge at 3pm
Gary, IN 46402
The commission is comprised of 8 members appointed by the mayor.
Honoring Founding President Commissioner Naomi Millinder, Emeritus, 1945 - 2018
Creation and Purpose
Gary's Redevelopment is dependent on the Gary Historic Preservation Commission's success of protecting and preserving historic sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identification of historic structures and buildings
- Educational purposes (Walking Tours)
- Examine conditions of historic buildings
- Developing design guidelines for historic districts
- Serving as a resource to the residents of Gary
The GHPC is the host of the Reception held immediately after the end of the Walking Tour at 3pm on September 14th.