Thank you for coordinating a community clean-up. Please read and adhere to the following policies regarding your application and dumpster request:
- Dumpster requests will be taken from April through October.
- You must place your request at least two weeks prior to your clean-up. They will be dropped of on Friday morning and picked up on Monday morning. On holiday weekends, the dumpster will be picked up on Tuesday.
- Dumpster requests are provided based on supply availability.
- Attach a flyer and a before photo with your application.
- Do email or fax your request application, flyer, and before photo to the Mayor’s Office
of Constituent Services. Fax: 219-881-5268, email: email@example.com. This information will be sent to the city Communications Department to be published in the weekly newsletter.
- Do provide the exact location for your requested dumpster to be placed. Ideally this is on a vacant lot. Dumpsters cannot be moved until pickup.
- Do send after photos once your clean-up is complete.
- Do not overfill the dumpster. You will receive a citation and may not be able to place future requests if your dumpster is overfilled.
- Do not place tires in the dumpster. PLEASE INFORM US FOR TIRE PICKUP.
- Do not place household items in the dumpster. The purpose of a community clean-up is to clean the neighborhoods, not personal use. The dumpster is to be used only for debris, branches, grass, and illegally dumped items.